Junior Accountant / Analyst
We are looking for somebody to support day-to-day accounting (AP/AR and General Ledger bookkeeping) and support Financial Planning and Analysis as needed.
- Confirm timely receipt of goods and services; code & process AP invoices;
- Verify 3-way matching and process payments in a timely manner;
- Reconcile vendor accounts and manage queries as needed;
- Process customer payments in a timely manner, follow up on AR as needed;
- Perform other day-to-day operational accounting activities to support Controller; and
- Prepare and maintain month-end and annual review schedules for approval as needed
- Support annual budgeting with Controller and CFO;
- Build business cases for new projects with sales & marketing and engineering departments;
- Conduct market research for business development opportunities; and
- Draft business review presentations for Board of Directors and other stakeholders
- Minimum 6 months of bookkeeping experience (including summer internships);
- College/university degree; finance/commerce focus preferred but not required;
- Working towards recognized accounting designation (e.g., CPA) preferred;
- Mastery of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint); experience with Business Central an asset;
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills; and
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
Ideal candidate profileWe are looking for as aspiring finance professional keen to develop their accounting and analytical skills.
The ideal candidate has some bookkeeping experience and the drive to develop a full spectrum of finance experience. You might be a recent graduate with experience from summer internships, or already a couple years into the professional world but looking to expand your capabilities. This role is well-suited for somebody who wants to master the building blocks of accounting while gaining exposure to broader business challenges including FP&A, stakeholder management, and business development.You thrive in high-performance teams, possess unquestionable integrity and intellectual curiosity.
About TriggerTechTriggerTech is a Canadian company that is revolutionizing the firearms and crossbow industries. We design, build and manufacture high-performance triggers that are sold into global markets. Our client base includes shooting enthusiasts, retailers, law enforcement, military and leading firearms manufacturers. We are a group of overachieving, smart and passionate co-workers, with a clear vision for growth and a desire to exceed our customer’s expectations by providing them with products that enhance their success, without compromising on reliability and safety.We are bringing new technology to a traditional industry, and our impact is tangible and rewarding – that is what drives us to keep moving forward.
- Best trigger in the Precision Rifle Series.
- Ranked #2 in Manufacturing, #18 in all categories in Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies 2020.
What We Do
- Care deeply about our purpose and our customers
- Push our thinking and challenge the status quo
- Collaborate constantly and value all contributions
- Foster creative thinking
- Incentivize employee growth
- Promote openness and respect
- Nourish a friendly and supportive environment
- Strive for excellence in everything we do
What We Don’t Do
- Shy away from a challenge
- Care about titles
- Get caught up in red tape
- Play politics
- Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience
What We Need From You
Expected start date: 2022-05-01
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please email email@example.com